In an effort to maintain the health and safety of our staff, our families, and our clients, and in response to the recent order from Orange County’s Health Officer, Sackett Financial Group has enacted our business continuity plan to allow many of our internal staff to work from home through March 31st. Since we provide ongoing financial services, payroll and accounting services to our clients, we will still have a limited staff working on-site in the office during normal business hours to ensure all clients can continue to be served timely and reliably.
- Financial advisory services will operate as normal and we will be available to provide guidance and counsel, as well as, to execute trade requests on behalf of our clients
- Individual tax clients can drop off (see below) their income tax documents for tax return preparation
- Business tax and accounting services will continue as usual
- Payroll staff will continue providing our complete payroll services so your employees will be paid without interruption
All staff, either on-site or those working from home, will have access to our office phone lines and e-mail while working remotely. While we are taking every precaution to ensure our business operates at full strength to support the needs of our clients, we ask for your patience during these times. You can rest assured that our entire team will work tirelessly to accommodate any needs you have and overcome any hurdles that stand in our way.
Tax Filing Dates
This is an area of confusion between governments agencies and unclear communication through news services. The following is subject to change at any time, but at the time of this writing, please note:
- Federal Individual Tax Returns are to be FILED, by or before July 15th, 2020 (Updated March 20, 2020)
- Federal TAX PAYMENTS, which are owed, are payable by or before July 15, 2020
- State of California has changed the FILING and PAYMENT due date to July 15, 2020 (Updated March 30, 2020)
Tax Return Preparation
Effective immediately, all in-person tax appointments are encouraged to drop-off, mail, or electronically deliver their tax documents to us for preparation of income tax returns as soon as possible. If you require a secure file-exchange to electronically deliver your original documents, please call our office for support. A link can be sent directly to you to facilitate a secure delivery of confidential records. Tax preparers will be available to all clients via telephone to review the tax preparation, and accommodations will be made to enable timely pickup or delivery of completed income tax returns.
All of us at Sackett Financial Group wish you and your families good health and safety during these times. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office.
Sackett Financial Group